The web is an ever-changing environment. As time goes by, the landscape shifts and changes in order to keep up with this change. If you are able to adjust with these changes, then there are some ways for you improve your domain authority.
This article will talk about 27 tips that will help you improve your domain authority on the web.
The three most important reasons for your dropping domain authority have been identified:
- Domain Authority (DA) is the measurement of how much power your website has on the web. When a search engine wants to rank you, it looks into your DA values.
- Citation flow is a more technical term concerning how Google measures the relation between a site and your content. This flow is expressed in DA values, which indicate how many links are coming from the pages you write to other pages on the web that link to them directly or indirectly.
- Page Authority (PA) is the measurement of how much power a single page on your website has over other pages on your site and other websites that link to it.
The average search engine optimiser will probably be able to tell you which of your pages has the highest authority and at what values. He can use this information to change both those pages and those links in order to improve your results on SERPs. But what percentage of your webpages have the highest domain authority, the most links and enough content? This is a secret not revealed by all optimisers. We have all that data and we are about to share it with you! Read on to discover a wealth of techniques that will help you improve your domain authority today.
The first step towards improving your domain authority is using good quality content, which is relevant and has a lot of links coming in to it. If this content is not original, you will be penalised by Google, who consider content created with the purpose of attracting links as spam. It might take some time, but search engines will come up with new algorithms when they detect spammy behaviour in order to stop it happening. You need lots of quality backlinks from high DA sites, but this can be achieved by user inter action as well as social interactions. Here are some tips to help you do just that.
Best way to improve your Domain Authority (DA):
1) Use a blog on your site. Blogs are the best way to create lots of high quality original content. Blogs will also draw in new readers, so make sure you give them something worthwhile to read by providing them with plenty of information and a link back to one of your website pages. Having said that, make sure you then also provide them with somewhere else for them to go when they have finished reading all your posts on the current subject and want more information on the same subject from another source. (By linking to another site in a blog post, you will earn the other site a backlink and this can help improve your domain authority.)
2) Use Twitter and Facebook. Even if you are not interested in social networking, then you already use them if you want to find out about the latest news! These sites are frequented by people who are interested in all sorts of subjects so share your knowledge with them. Your posts will be shared by Twitter followers and Facebook friends who might tell lots of other people about what you have written. If a lot of people wish to talk to you about the subject, then you can further build on this knowledge by creating a blog post or video on that subject. You will have a high domain authority if people are sharing your information and linking to it.
3) Write guest blogs. Bloggers need fresh content to keep visitors coming back to their sites. If you can provide them with this, then they will give you a backlink in return and your domain authority will increase as a result. When writing for blogs that are outside your niche, make sure that the content of your article is relevant to the blog and site owner’s goals, otherwise it is likely you won’t get published!
4) Use press releases. Having a media section on your site is a good idea because it allows you to build links with other sites and build your domain authority. This can be achieved by writing about what you do, how well it works for your clients and how you can help more people in the future. Blogging about the same subjects will also help improve your site’s domain authority. If a journalist likes the way you write, he may want to use a quote from one of your articles when he writes his own article on the subject. When journalists link to your stories, this helps increase your domain authority.
5) Make sure you write content that is not keyword dense. To keep your reader interested in what you’re writing, make sure you write using proper sentences and make the reader want to find out more. Keyword stuffing in articles can harm your domain authority rather than improve it, because it can sound unnatural. The words that you’re trying to rank for should appear naturally in your article. If a search engine detects something unusual and unnatural, it will know that you have been trying to get a high domain authority artificially and your site may be banned from the search engines.
6) Make sure you have a link building strategy. You should do something useful with each link that you earn for your site. For example, if you earn a link from a press release, then it should take at least 48 hours to build the link and you should add text to the link such as “may receive compensation from one or more companies mentioned in this article”. That way when Google sees the link and recognises that it is good quality, your domain authority will improve.
7) Don’t use spammy techniques. If you use these techniques to build your link building strategy, then your domain authority will drop and you may be banned from the search engines.
The best way to find links is to write great content. SEOs that tell you how to get links without writing great content are not providing helpful advice. They are just trying to make money from those who don’t know better.
8) Use Yahoo Answers. There are so many people on Yahoo Answers looking for solutions to the problems they encounter in their day to day lives that you will get plenty of visitors to your site. If someone links back to you, your domain authority will improve.
9) Write tutorials on websites that have a high domain authority. You can also submit a tutorial to a website where readers can upload tutorials and learn from each other’s tips and advice. You may not receive any traffic to your site unless you write good content and by writing on other sites, you are improving your knowledge, which helps improve the quality of your own site’s content.
10) If you are creating a video, then don’t add links or text to the video file. You can add links when you create your YouTube channel. If you have a link in your videos and it is not in the original file, then it will be removed by YouTube automatically in some cases and not added back to the original file if it is removed. This means that if someone clicks on one of these links, they won’t be directed to your site and Google will lose trust in you as an SEO specialist.
Tips to improve your Domain Authority
11) Create an opt-in page on your site. You can use this page to collect information for companies who want you to do paid advertising for them. These companies will pay you a certain amount of money each time they get a new subscriber so that they can keep the same link and it can help improve your domain authority.
12) Integrate social media networks into your site. If you have an interesting article on your website, then you can add a button which takes the reader to your social media page where more people will see your message and link to you. This way people can share and promote what you are writing without doing anything extra.
13) Don’t use pirated software as promotion for software. This can lead to a ban from many search engines and Google may not be able to trust you in the future if they suspect that you are involved with malware, viruses or keyloggers of any kind whatsoever.
14) Don’t buy links from others. The purchased links will be reported and sometimes, they won’t even stay in the website that you purchased them from. They will disappear altogether or they will start to rank for irrelevant keywords rather than what you wanted. If you buy links, your domain authority is going to go down significantly and Google may even ban your site.
15) Don’t place lots of links on websites that no one visits. This may improve your domain authority for a short period of time, but it won’t last long because Google will pick up on this quick! Your domain authority will drop significantly if you do this because you are reducing the value of a link just so that people can click through to your site. Read this post for more tips on how to increase Domain Authority.
16) If you have a website that is relevant to more than one keyword, then you can use redirects to avoid duplicate content. This will work with webmasters who are using the same domain for different topics. Many SEOs do this because it ensures that their domain authority doesn’t drop significantly for individual keywords.
17) Don’t change your site’s DNS frequently. Just because you want to get a new IP address and make your site look old again so that it will rank quickly, it doesn’t mean that you should be using new IP addresses all the time. You should use an IP address for at least 3 to 4 weeks before changing it.
18) If you are using a site with a lot of other content, then there is a better chance that Google will recognise it as spam. In this case, users will leave the website and it can hurt your domain authority.
19) Don’t use the same link building software on multiple sites! This can harm your site’s overall ranking and even get you banned from the search engines completely. It’s better to have multiple sites with unique content for each one. For example, if you’re sharing information about SEO on one site, then you’re going to want to separate that out into different sites where people can read more about specific topics such as blogging tips and techniques or how to conduct an effective blog.
20) Don’t expect to reach a high domain authority overnight. It takes years to reach a high domain authority and it is not something that you will ever see on your first few days of blogging. Every single website targeted by the search engines will have to be built from scratch, which means that you need to research and know about your areas of content. It is possible for you to build your domain authority within a few months, but it is also possible for it take you more than a few years before anyone trusts your website.
Increase your Domain Authority Tips
21) Don’t write the same article over and over again. Many people will try and trick Google into thinking that they have lots of different content, but if they do this, it can harm your website’s position in the search engines because every new article you create is going to be similar to all of your other articles. This can increase the chance that Google will notice that there are too many similar articles on your site and it can affect your domain authority.
22) Do not use any link building programs to the same extent in your website. You can make thousands of links on websites, but they can all be removed after a short period of time. Many SEOs buy links from other websites and they will do this to improve their domain authority or they just do it as a business strategy. This is not good for Google because it will hurt your site’s overall ranking by giving them a bad impression about your business.
23) If you have a high domain authority, then you should try to keep it steady rather than going up quickly and dropping down quickly. It’s better to grow your domain authority slowly because this will ensure that it doesn’t drop off after a short period of time.
24) Don’t share links with people who use the same IP address. This can quickly boost domain authority, but it will put you at risk of being banned by one or more search engines altogether if they notice that all of the sudden, you have a lot of backlinks and they are all coming from the same IP address. If Google wants to trust you, then they might ban you or discount your results because they do not want webmasters with multiple sites sharing links between each other.
25) Don’t get involved with any SEO groups that are working with the same link building software. If you do this, then it will be hard for Google to tell whether there is a connection between you and your competition.
26) Do not conduct any black hat techniques on your website because if you do, Google will ban every single one of your sites and even blacklist you completely. This is the last thing you want to happen to you, so be careful with what you do on your site.
27) Don’t try and improve your domain authority artificially. If you don’t know what you’re doing, then it can harm your website’s search engine position because Google will notice that there has been some form of manipulation occurring on your site and they will not allow this kind of activity to continue.
I hope that the information you read about this chapter is going to help you understand some of the basics about Increase DA in relation to link building. This can help you find out more about your website as well as identify what changes you can make so that your domain authority doesn’t have an affect on your site’s overall ranking. There is a lot of work that goes into this, but it is possible for you to grow a high domain authority if you spend the time and effort trying to get links from relevant websites. You can use things like the above tips to help you out and it will not be too hard to get a large number of links from relevant sites if you use these ideas. If you want you can also use our Increase Domain Authority Service to get a Head Start on Your Competition.